Services @ St Martin's
We'd love to welcome you to our services at St Martin's. We have two morning services at 9.30am and 11.30am. We also livestream our 9.30am service every Sunday on our youtube channel. Please see below for how we are making our services safe in light of government restrictions and Church of England guidance.
If you're unsure about registering and/or whether to come to a service, we always leave some space open at our services, so please do come along.
You can also contact Anna in the office to register if you'd prefer (email@example.com | 07393025503).
We've made some changes to how we do things to keep everyone safe, in line with government and Church of England guidance. Please see below for details. If you have any further questions, please get in touch with the office.
What will happen when I arrive?
- If you displaying any Covid-19 symptoms, please stay at home. You can find the latest guidance from the NHS on symptoms here.
- Please queue outside, with 2m spacing between households. Please make sure you bring a face mask to church (unless you are medically exempt).
- There will be hand sanitisers at the main entrance, which we ask all people to use before they enter church.
- You will be shown to a seat. All rows of chairs will be 2m apart to maintain social distancing.
What will happen during the service?
- A host will welcome you from the front and introduce the service.
- Unfortunately we will not be able to sing all together in the church building but will be able to listen reflectively as songs are sung to us.
- Children are welcome but they must stay with their designated adults at all times and cannot wander around the church building. Unfortunately, there will be no children's facilities at this time, so please feel free to bring any toys you need with you.
- We have limited toilet facilities available. They will be open, but we encourage people to only use the toilet if necessary. If you use the toilet, we ask you wipe the toilet down after you with the antibacterial wipes provided.
What will happen after the service?
- You will be asked to leave the building row by row out of the side door, and use the hand sanitiser available as you exit.
- Please continue to follow social distancing guidelines outside of the building.
Weddings and Funerals
If you would like to arrange a wedding or a funeral at St Martin’s, please contact the church office.
Thanksgivings and Baptisms
Children are a gift from God and so we are glad to offer services of thanksgiving to anyone who would like one. If you live in the parish and would like to talk about whether it would be appropriate to have a child baptised, please come along to a morning service and speak to Will Rubie afterwards.