Promoting a Safer Church
The care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the Church.
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse or other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from a Safeguarding Adviser or if necessary report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay.
St Martin's safeguarding officers:
- Vulnerable adults:
Please don’t send sensitive information via email, but get in touch, providing a contact number, and our safeguarding officer will get back to you asap.
Manchester Diocese Safeguarding Officer
0161 828 1451
Manchester City Council Social Services
0161 234 5001
If there is an immediate risk or danger please contact the police on 101.
- NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
- Childline: 0800 1111
- Stop It Now: 0808 100 0900
- NAPAC: 0808 801 0331
- Samaritans: 116 123
- Family Lives: 0808 800 2222
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
- Action On Elder Abuse: 0808 808 8141