We meet every Sunday morning at 10.30am.
Everyone is welcome, whatever you believe. We welcome people who are exploring the Christian faith and those trying to reconnect with God. We love having children with us at St Martin’s and don’t mind if they make noise during the service! We have coffee both before and after the service to get to know one another better.
You can download a term card for our morning service here
On the first Sunday of a month we have lunch together after the service.
What should I expect?
The service goes on for about an hour and a quarter. We currently have about 60 adults and 10 children week by week.
What happens during the service?
- People tend to arrive in time for tea and coffee at 10.15am. That’s a good way to meet others before the service starts.
- During the service itself we worship God through singing. We sing some contemporary worship songs, and we also love traditional classic hymns. The service doesn’t feel formal but we hope that there is a sense of the majesty, wonder and goodness of God. We often say words of liturgy together.
- We believe that God speaks to us in the Bible, so we have a few Bible readings and also a talk. The talk each week is addressed to committed Christians as well as those who either are not sure or don’t believe.
- We sometimes have a children’s slot and a children’s song.
- An individual or couple will lead us all as we pray.
We encourage people to join in with as much or as little as they want. If you prefer just to sit quietly and reflect, you are more than welcome to do that.
What should I wear?
Wear whatever you feel comfortable in, whether that is T-shirt and shorts or suit and tie! Everyone is welcome.
What if I’m not sure what I believe?
You don't need to believe anything in particular to come. In fact, any Sunday morning service is a great way to find out more about Jesus and to consider what trust in him would look like. Our aim is to make that as easy and comfortable for you as possible.
What do the children do?
- We are a church family with people of all ages and stages. Children and young people are an integral part of the church. Children are not expected to remain silent during the service or be on their best behaviour. We encourage children to join in with as much as they can.
- For crèche aged children we have a crèche area which you can take your child to. We have designated crèche helpers who would be glad to look after your child whilst you remain in the main service.
- Children remain in the service for about half of our time together. For the rest of the time we run children’s groups for children aged 2 ½ to 11.
- In order to provide the best care and safety of all children with us, we have an up to date safeguarding policy in line with the Church of England’s recommendations. All our children’s leaders have up to date DBS checks in line with the policy.
On the first Sunday of every month we have a church lunch together after the service.