Sundays @ St Martin's
St Martin's is now open for Sunday services
St Martin's church is now open on Sunday mornings so people can gather together to worship. Our services will also continue to be livestreamed online at 9.30am.
The PCC have decided that from Sunday 20th September we will move to two Sunday morning services at 9.30am and 11.30am. You can watch Rev'd Will Rubie's message to the church family about this change here. You can read a full risk assessment here.
Registering for Sundays
We really looking forward to welcoming you to St Martin's. In line with current government guidance, we have introduced registering in order to make sure we have a safe number of people at church. Please register below by Friday mornings. If there is limited capacity at either service, it will be indicated on the booking form. You can read our full privacy notice on online data collection here.
If you're unsure about registering and/or whether to come to a Sunday service, we always leave some space open at both services, so please come! We'd love to see you.
You can also contact Anna in the office to register if you'd prefer (email@example.com | 07393025503).
We can't wait to see you on Sunday!
We've also had to make some changes to how we do things on Sunday mornings to keep everyone safe, in line with government and Church of England guidance. Please see below for details. If you any further questions, please get in touch with Anna at the office.
What will happen when I arrive on Sunday?
- For the 9.30am service, please arrive between 9.15am - 9.25am. For the 11.30am service, please arrive between 11.15am-11.25am. Please queue outside with socially distanced spacing. From 8th August, the government has announced face masks will be compulsory inside places of worship. Therefore, please make sure you bring a face mask to church on Sundays.
- There will be hand sanitisers at the main entrance, which we ask all people to use before they enter church (or even better, bring your own!).
- You will be shown to a seat. The seats will be set out in rows of 4, for a group who are in a bubble or for two individuals to sit at either end and remain socially distanced. All rows of chairs will be 2m apart to maintain social distancing.
What will happen during the service?
- A host will welcome you from the front and introduce the service.
- Unfortunately we will not be able to sing all together in the church building but will be able to listen reflectively as songs are sung to us.
- Children are welcome but they must stay with their designated adults at all times. Unfortunately, there will be no children’s facilities (e.g. toys) at this time, so please bring anything you need with you.
- We have limited toilet facilities available. They will be open, but we encourage people to only use the toilet if necessary. If you use the toilet, we ask you wipe the toilet down after you with the antibacterial wipes provided.
What will happen after the service?
- Unfortunately there will be no refreshments after the service.
- You will be asked to leave the building row by row out of the side door, and use the hand sanitiser available as you exit.
- Please continue to follow social distancing guidelines outside of the building.