St Martin’s is part of the Heaton’s Team Ministry, led by Rev’d Marcus Maxwell who is Team Rector.
St Martin’s building was commissioned in 1901 by the then Bishop of Manchester. St Martin’s has had a lively and active history. In September 2018 the PCC agreed to a church revitalisation. A group of adults and children were sent by Holy Trinity Platt Manchester to join the existing congregation. Rev’d Paul Jump was licensed as minister on 2nd September 2018 and St Martins enjoys partnership together with St Clements Openshaw where Paul is incumbent.